If you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed as set out below, please contact us to discuss your concerns before submitting or making available to MusicWorks any of your Personal Data via this Site. Details of how to contact us about this are set out below.
Specific services offered on this Site (or accessible via this Site) may have additional or alternative terms and conditions applicable to them, details of which will be provided on the relevant page(s) of this Site or when accessing the relevant services.
Use of your Personal Data
When Personal Data is submitted by you to MusicWorks using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that MusicWorks may collect, store and process such Personal Data for the following purposes:
• Dealing with any queries submitted by you;
• Dealing with licence applications and licensing issues;
• Registering you (or your company/organisation), at your request:
With whom is your Personal Data shared
When Personal Data is submitted by you using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that MusicWorks may share your Personal Data:
• with each other, and with other collection societies and similar bodies or organisations, in connection with the potential uses of Personal Data set out in the section above headed "Use of your Personal Data";
• with third party suppliers and contractors (such as website hosting companies and credit card / payment processors) for the purpose of providing you with the Site, the Content and any services available on or via the Site;
• with relevant third parties when required by applicable law; and
• with relevant third parties when MusicWorks believes it reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or improper activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the rights, property or safety of MusicWorks, users of the Site, or any actual or suspected violation of the User Terms
wherever such persons and entities are located in the world.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used for purposes such as making a website work more effectively or providing information to a website operator about how its website is being used.
Here are details of the cookies currently used by the MusicWorks website:
Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information such as the number of unique visitors to the MusicWorks website, how they found the website, and details of the pages they visit. This is done on an anonymous basis and our use of these cookies does not involve the collection of any personal information or the identification of anyone.
By continuing to use this website without disabling these cookies, you consent to them being used.
How to delete or disable cookies
For details of how to delete or disable cookies, you can find general information at www.allaboutcookies.org and browser-specific information via the following links:
• Internet Explorer: How to disable Cookies
• Firefox: Enabling and disabling Cookies
• Safari: Managing Cookies
• Google Chrome: How do I turn off Cookies?
• Opera: Security & privacy
(Please note that all of these links are to third party sites for which MusicWorks is not responsible.)
Use of non-Personal Data
Please note that MusicWorks may collect information about you which is not Personal Data, such as the type of internet browsers you use or the internet website from which you linked to the Site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is used by MusicWorks to assist in providing an effective service on this Site. This information (together with Personal Data which has been anonymised and aggregated with other information so that you are no longer identifiable from it) may be supplied by MusicWorks to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties. This shared information will only be provided to such third parties on an aggregated and anonymous basis (i.e. with no personally identifying information).
MusicWorks has security measures in place to protect against loss, unauthorised access, misuse, alteration and improper disclosure of the Personal Data you provide via the Site. However, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible risk and it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of the Personal Data you disclose online. Notwithstanding MusicWorks' security measures, you should be aware that when you submit Personal Data to the Site over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under MusicWorks' control.
Personal Data provided to you
Where Personal Data relating to individuals, such as, but not limited to performer data, is made available to you on the Site, this is solely for the purpose of you being able to lawfully use the service provided by MusicWorks. You must keep any such information disclosed to you confidential and not use it for any other purposes.
Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
In respect of any Personal Data about you held by MusicWorks, you have the right (exercisable by making a written request to us):
• To receive a copy of that Personal Data
• To be given a description of that Personal Data
• To be told of the reasons that Personal Data is being processed
• To understand whether that Personal Data will be given to any other organisation
• To correct any errors in that Personal Data
• To be given details of the source of that Personal Data (where available)
• To prevent PPL and/or VPL using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
Binding agreement and amendments to the User Terms
By agreeing to be bound by the User Terms, you are entering into a legally binding contract between yourself and MusicWorks.